Tax Department Report | COVID-19: measures with tax impact
Dear Sir or Madam,
In attention to the current publicly known epidemiological situation, we hereby inform you about the main measures adopted with tax impact:
1. General Resolution No. 4695/2020 (Federal Tax Authority) | Tax Recess.
Through General Resolution No. 4695/2020, the Federal Tax Authority stated a new extraordinary tax recess from April 13th, 2020, to April 26th, 2020. During such a period, procedural terms governing national administrative proceedings related to tax, social security, and customs matters are suspended.
Nevertheless, deadlines for the filing of tax returns and payment of taxes are not modified nor extended and original schedules remain in force.
2. Resolution No. 165/AGIP/2020 (Tax Authority of the City of Buenos Aires) | Extension of deadlines related to Turnover Tax.
Through the Resolution No. 165/AGIP/ 2020, the Tax Authority of the City of Buenos Aires, extended the deadlines to file the third advanced payment FY 2020 tax return and its payment, setting the new due dates between April 27th, 2020 and May 4th, 2020, depending on the taxpayer’s Tax ID.
Bear in mind that this measure is only applicable to local taxpayers.
3. Resolution No. 161/AGIP/20 (Tax Authority of the City of Buenos Aires) | Extension of due dates for the payment of the Real Estate Tax – Lightning, Sweeping and Cleaning Tax (the “ABL”) – Vehicle Tax.
Through Resolution No. 161/AGIP/20, the Tax Authority of the City of Buenos Aires extended up to April 17th, 2020 the due date to pay the fourth installment FY 2020 of the Real Estate Tax and the “ABL” and the second installment FY 2020 of the Vehicle Tax.
4. Resolutions No. 17/2020 and No. 20/2020 (Tax Authority of the Province of Buenos Aires) | Extension of the due date for the payment of the Urban Real Estate Tax – installment 2020/02 and the Rural Real Estate Tax – installment 2020/01.
Through Resolution No. 17/2020, the Tax Authority of the Province of Buenos Aires (the “ARBA”), extended up to May 14th, 2020 the due date to pay the Urban Real Estate Tax – second installment FY 2020.
Moreover, through Resolution No. 20/2020, the ARBA extended up to April 17th, 2020 the due date to pay the Rural Real Estate Tax – first installment FY 2020.
5. Resolution No. 19/2020 (Tax Authority of the Province of Buenos Aires) | Automatic and temporary approval of Turnover Tax registration requests.
Through Resolution No. 19/2020, the Tax Authority of the Province of Buenos Aires (the ARBA) set forth, as a temporary measure, that turnover tax registration requests would be automatically approved.
The tax identification password (Clave de Identificación Tributariaria, “CIT” by its Spanish acronym) would be sent by the ARBA to the taxpayer via e-mail.
Once the “Mandatory Isolation” stated by the National Decree No. 297/2020 expires and within the following ninety (90) running days, the taxpayers must comply with the on-site stage of the tax registration procedure, by filing the corresponding documents before the ARBA.
This measure is in force from April 3rd, 2020 to the expiration of the mandatory isolation.
Should you require any further information on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Santiago L. Montezanti