National Telecom Regulatory Authority Resolution No. 461/2020: extension of Resolution No. 300/2020 measures.
TMT (Telecoms, Media & Technology) Department report | National Telecom Regulatory Authority Resolution No. 461/2020: extension of Resolution No. 300/2020 measures
Dear Sir or Madam,
Resolution No. 461/2020 of the National Telecom Regulatory Authority (ENACOM) (hereinafter, the “Resolution”), published in the Official Gazette on May 25th, extends the Resolution No. 300/2020 for the duration of the social, preventive and compulsory isolation established by means of Decree No. 459/2020.
The Resolution establishes:
• The maintenance of the suspension of the terms provided by Decree No. 458/2020 and its extensions in the administrative procedures regulated by the Law of Administrative Procedures No. 19,549 and its Regulatory Decree No. 1759/72 -including those related to the filing of appeals- and by other special procedures.
• An exceptional extension of the validity of the permits, authorizations, registrations and licenses which expiration operates from March 16th, 2020 to June 30th, 2020, inclusive, for the term of sixty (60) calendar days as from July 1st, 2020.
• The extension of the terms for the exceptions provided in sections 3, 4 and 5 of Resolution No. 326/2020 of the ENACOM for the duration of the “Social, Preventive and Mandatory Isolation”, that is, (i) the payment of the different rates, rights, investment contributions, taxes, levies and/or tariffs that ENACOM receives, which may be paid through the different electronic mechanisms enabled for this purpose; (ii) all administrative procedures related to the public emergency declared by Law No. 27,541 and (iii) the list of files that are attached as an Annex of Resolution No. 326/2020.
• The abrogation of Section 2 of Resolution N° 303/2020 of the ENACOM. Consequently, as from the date of publication of the Resolution in the Official Gazette the companies providing landline or mobile telephony, Internet and cable TV services, by radio link or satellite, could proceed to request authorization for the opening of their commercial premises to the corresponding national and/or provincial authorities, with the prior approval of the provincial health authority, and indicate the protocol that will be implemented for the operation of their activity.
• That, as from the date of publication of the Resolution in the Official Gazette, the authorization issued by the provincial authority and/or Chief of the Cabinet of Ministers for the exception of compliance with “isolation, preventive and obligatory” and prohibition to circulate, must be communicated to the ENACOM in order to allow the attention in commercial premises.
Please, do not hesitate to contact us should you require any additional information on this matter.
Emilio Beccar Varela