Healthcare & Life Sciences Department Report | Joint Resolution 1/2020 of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Production.
On March 20, 2020 the Ministry of Health of Argentina (Ministerio de Salud de la Nación) and the Ministry of Production of Argentina (Ministerio de Desarrollo Productivo) issued the Joint Resolution 1/2020, published at the Official Gazette on March 21, 2020 (“Resolution”). The Resolution establishes the critical sanitary supplies needed to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and for its therapeutic and curative treatment.
In this regard, we hereby provide you with this executive summary with the most relevant remarks of the Resolution:
• The goods included in Annex 1 of the Resolution, attached to this Report, are established as critical sanitary supplies needed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, and for its therapeutic and curative treatment.
• Producers, distributors and sellers of these critical sanitary supplies must increase production, distribution, and sales to the maximum of their capacity, and ensure their distribution and provision to the population and health entities.
• Sellers and distributors of critical sanitary supplies must grant priority of acquisition to health entities.
• The producers of critical sanitary supplies must inform to the Health Enforcement Authority (Autoridad de Aplicación Sanitaria) and to the Secretariat of Domestic Commerce (Secretaría de Comercio Interior) every five days, the quantity of supplies produced, the quantity of supplies sold and the purchasers of said sales operations, during the reported period, to keep track of the scope of the provisions established by the Resolution and for a more efficient sales and distribution.
• The producer companies must also inform about their production plan for the next three months.
• The provisions of the Resolution shall be overseen in accordance with the procedures and sanctions provided for in the Supply Law (Law No. 20,680).
• The Resolution shall be valid for ninety days from its enforcement (day after its publication in the Official Gazette).
Should you require any further information on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.