Public Law Department report | National Head of Staff of Cabinet of Ministers − Administrative Decision No. 812/2020
Dear Sir or Madam,
On May 16th, Administrative Decision No. 812/2020, issued by the National Head of Staff of Cabinet of Ministers, was published in the Official Gazette, through which − in accordance with the provisions of Article 15 TER of Decree No. 260/20-, the following was established:
1. The National Procurement Office (NPO) is empowered to prepare tenders for the execution of “National Agreements” with suppliers. The purpose of these agreements shall be to meet the demands of the National Public Sector within the framework of the emergency – in accordance with the provisions of Decree No. 260/20-. The “Acord.AR” platform will be the digital portal for the management of National Agreements, which will be administered by the NPO.
2. The use of these tenders will be limited to the acquisition of goods and services required by the Public Sector within the framework of the emergency. Their use shall be duly justified in the respective record of each procurement proceeding. The goods and services covered by the National Agreements shall be determined by the NPO.
3. The guidelines that will govern the tenders are hereby defined. Among the most important are the following:
● All procurement proceeding´s acts and documentation must be linked to the respective electronic record.
● The tenders must be published according to the requirements of the applicable regulation, with the purpose of increasing the overall number of bidders.
● The tenders will be managed through the “COMPR.AR” system.
● In all cases, an intervention will be given to the National General Comptroller within the framework of the Referential Pricing System.
● In all cases, offerors and awarded bidders will be exempted from registration in the Supplier Information System.
● The NPO will carry out the tenders and will be in charge of signing and providing the tender agreements to the suppliers, which may then be awarded by the corresponding National Public Sector bodies. It should be noted that the provinces and the Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires may enter into these agreements.
● The National COVID-19 Emergency Agreements will be published in the Official Gazette and on the NPO’s website as well as their modifications.
● National Public Administration agencies may adhere to the agreement by awarding and issuing the corresponding purchase orders. They will be based exclusively on the need for allocation within the framework of the emergency.
The mentioned Administrative Decision entered into force on May 16, 2020.
Should you require any further information on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Oscar Aguilar Valdez
Gabriel Néstor Vernola